10/2/10 - Saturday Night Car Cruise - REAL DRIVERS only...

J

Jared

I have permission to bring along 3-5 additional cars. Your car will need to be in good shape, and able to handle very well. No ricers, inexperienced drivers or slow cars allowed.

This month, we will be heading out to North Texas near the Oklahoma border to hit some roads from the infamous Tom's Turbine Drive. If you have never been up near the Red River to see the wind turbines, you are in for a big treat. These turbines are huge! Our drive will take us through the middle of the turbine field and onto some of the best roads in North Texas. This drive includes a little for everyone with some well paved and long straight-aways along with some hills and twisties. As part of our journey, we will head across a famous bridge over the Red River where you might have the opportunity to run “flat-out”.
This will be another great evening of fun driving and enjoying a few cold ones and dinner afterwards.

Here is your chance to enjoy a few of the great car roads North Texas has to offer. Bring your favorite car and a tank full of gas and get ready for a nice run through the back roads and highways to a location where we will have dinner/drinks.

Who: You and however many people will ride with you (open to all car makes and models)
What: Saturday Evening Drive (SED) to Dinner/Drinks (RAIN OR SHINE)
When: October 2nd - Start Time - 5:30 PM SHARP

Start: SEE PM
End: Muenster

Requirements: FRS Radio, full tank of fuel, and safe driving skills
Route Map: Provided the day of the drive
Dinner/Drinks: Doc's Bar and Grill, Muenster

Details: From the meet point, the route is approximately 100 miles or about 2 hours. On this trip, we will stop along the way for a quick break.

Post here, pm, or email if you would like to attend. There is a limited number of spots available for safety reasons. If you have any questions please post them or pm me. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you guys and gals there!
There are 10 cars "signed up" for this elsewhere. Lemme know if you are interested.

Ricardo

Riding shotgun
I wish I was going to be around for it this time but I have other plans. Definitely a good time will be had.

Andyacer03

My Wiener.....I Found It!
wait...you do realize this is TEXAS / OU weekend right?? no one will be wanting to miss the game to go on a spirited cruise...especially going from TEXAS to OK!!

just an FYI but i could be way wrong

Ricardo

Riding shotgun
The game should be about over and I would guess no OU travelers will be on the same route as this trip.

blackpony

damn wish my car was put together.... sounds like a blast!!! ive been down that road, and it is a very nice (scenic) road along with some nice twisties!!

EchoStatic

Broke and broken!
Wish the TTA wasn't having problems... And that I had some real training on the "handling" aspect >.>

sil05srt4

im down did something a little like this down in austin for the ccm, was lots of fun, just let me know further details. i might have one or 2 cars with me.

J

Jared

wait...you do realize this is TEXAS / OU weekend right?? no one will be wanting to miss the game to go on a spirited cruise...especially going from TEXAS to OK!!

just an FYI but i could be way wrong
:roll:

emwhiter/t

Learning...
I would be interested in a copy of the map for a motorcycle ride on a different date.

Could you please PM it to me after the event?

ray_sir_6

Kindergarten Teacher
This is pretty much what I expected....little to no takers for an event that requires a COMPLETE car. I would volunteer, but my wife isn't off work till 7pm. I don't know how much fun it would be anyways, I bet they would frown on passing on the twisty parts, so I would be stuck behind people.

Kevek

This is pretty much what I expected....little to no takers for an event that requires a COMPLETE car. I would volunteer, but my wife isn't off work till 7pm. I don't know how much fun it would be anyways, I bet they would frown on passing on the twisty parts, so I would be stuck behind people.