Go Back   RICEKILLER.COM FORUMS > The Garage > Vehicle Specific Discussion > Imports
Forums RKC Store Sponsors Albums Groups Videos Garage Facebook Chatbox Live Feed Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Imports Topics about imports can go here. This includes Honda, Acura, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Kia, Subaru, VW, Volvo, etc..

Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
FasterPanda
Foot on the Floor

Garage
FasterPanda is pretty normal...

Vehicle: 04' Impreza WRX, 08' S2000 CR
Default Hella Flush?

So what's your opinion of this new trend with japanese and european cars? You know the crazy looking wheel fitaments and shit. Hasn't really hit my area yet but I kinda don't want it to.
FasterPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Jared
twitter.com/ricekiller

Garage
Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: 99 Camaro SS. . . . . 11 Silverado LT TX Edition

Getting big here.

NOT MY PERSONAL cup of tea, (as I would not want to replace tires, repair wheels, etc all the time) but I do RESPECT the time and work most of the guys are doing when they do it RIGHT. I have seen some cars that just... defy explanation. That alone can be appeal for someone, just being so different. The style seems to go hand in hand with skinny jeans, throw-back sneakers, cool hair and mix-tape DJ's. Go to one of the events or see a video on vimeo, you will see what I mean. Mos def a new-age kinda thing.
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
goldfinger67
NRRA FTW

Garage
goldfinger67 is getting to be pretty famous...goldfinger67 is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: '95 Supra

Honestly, I like it. I don't like the music or clothes associated with the style but I do like the cars. Really slammed, a lil camber and a lil stretch looks good. But it's the overkill shit that I can't stand.
goldfinger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Jared
twitter.com/ricekiller

Garage
Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...Jared almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: 99 Camaro SS. . . . . 11 Silverado LT TX Edition

Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
GreaseMonkey
War Face

GreaseMonkey is pretty normal...

Vehicle: '08 Caliber SRT4
Send a message via AIM to GreaseMonkey

A nice drop with a good offset looks good.

Ridiculous negative camber, with wheels that are wider than the tire and on the verge of touching just looks gay.

Anything overdone just looks bad IMO. If done in moderation with a little bit of taste, it can look pretty good.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
jinxtacy
시발 놈 게세키

jinxtacy almost can't be beat...jinxtacy almost can't be beat...jinxtacy almost can't be beat...jinxtacy almost can't be beat...jinxtacy almost can't be beat...jinxtacy almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: Mazda POF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Anything overdone just looks bad IMO. If done in moderation with a little bit of taste, it can look pretty good.
jinxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
Big Show
RKC Official VP of MN Region

Garage
Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...Big Show almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: 2000 Corvette FRC
Send a message via AIM to Big Show View Member's FaceBook Profile

overall I like it, but its a case by case basis for me. sometimes I like it, sometimes I dont
Big Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
EsChassisLove
formerly Sittinslidewayz

Garage
EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...EsChassisLove almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: S14 240sx SR20DET Stock...jk

They have been featuring some butt fucking ugly cars lately. And Im starting to hate the whole thing in general. And apparently Im not hellafpush because I cant stick my id between my rear tire and qp and get it to stay by itself.

Im getting a suspension setup next week though. few degs of negative camber on the back
EsChassisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Russyo
Hatch of Doom!!

Russyo is liked by just about everyone...Russyo is liked by just about everyone...Russyo is liked by just about everyone...Russyo is liked by just about everyone...

Vehicle: It's a mystery, changes too often to keep track!

so far AJ's VW is the only one I really like. Its on bags and always clean!!!!
Russyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Odin
Slow on DR, fast on RKC

Garage
Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...Odin almost can't be beat...

"Flush", by definition, would indicate that nothing sticks out past the body. Yet all of the "flush" pics I've seen show wheels and tires clearly sticking out past the bodywork.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
blueking
Petrol Head

Garage
blueking is pretty normal...

Vehicle: 91' Mit' GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
"Flush", by definition, would indicate that nothing sticks out past the body. Yet all of the "flush" pics I've seen show wheels and tires clearly sticking out past the bodywork.
i agree, i thing the term should be something like tucked or around those lines, as the top of the rim or tire is usually tucked into the body work...
blueking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
Kaiyin
RKC Official Media Director

Garage
Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: UCF20 LS400, MK4 GTI

I dig it. I need new coils to get lower and my tires are too wide currently. Thinking 205s on my 8.5s up front and 225s on my 10s out back.
Kaiyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
Junkie
President of RKC

Garage
Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...

Vehicle: 1997 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russyo View Post
so far AJ's VW is the only one I really like. Its on bags and always clean!!!!
I would like it if the tires fit and the wheels hadn't fucked up the panels from hitting.

Quote:
Exactly what I've always thought, I don't understand why its even considered flush
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
FasterPanda
Foot on the Floor

Garage
FasterPanda is pretty normal...

Vehicle: 04' Impreza WRX, 08' S2000 CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Getting big here.

NOT MY PERSONAL cup of tea, (as I would not want to replace tires, repair wheels, etc all the time) but I do RESPECT the time and work most of the guys are doing when they do it RIGHT. I have seen some cars that just... defy explanation. That alone can be appeal for someone, just being so different. The style seems to go hand in hand with skinny jeans, throw-back sneakers, cool hair and mix-tape DJ's. Go to one of the events or see a video on vimeo, you will see what I mean. Mos def a new-age kinda thing.
I like some of the cars, but when they're so low that they rub the fender liners and have like 20 degrees of toe out it looks horrible to me
FasterPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
Brando
Fifth gear!

Brando is getting to be pretty famous...Brando is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: 1982 firebird, 96 dodge ram
Send a message via AIM to Brando Send a message via MSN to Brando Send a message via Yahoo to Brando

i like it but wouldn't do it to one of my cars
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
Boost-Beotch
Banned from the interweb

Boost-Beotch is pretty awesome...Boost-Beotch is pretty awesome...

Example of proper hellaflush.
Boost-Beotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
Junkie
President of RKC

Garage
Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...Junkie has surpassed even the admins...

Vehicle: 1997 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost-Box View Post
that looks good
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
rileyrat
Fifth gear!

rileyrat almost can't be beat...rileyrat almost can't be beat...rileyrat almost can't be beat...rileyrat almost can't be beat...rileyrat almost can't be beat...rileyrat almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: 2008 FA5
Send a message via AIM to rileyrat Send a message via Yahoo to rileyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
This pretty much sums it up for me
rileyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
Kaiyin

Garage
Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...Kaiyin almost can't be beat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost-Box View Post
not flush, just dumped.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #20
importpunch
Бумер

importpunch is getting to be pretty famous...

Send a message via Skype™ to importpunch

I actually liked hella flush at one point, but decided that I preferred going fast. Honest.
importpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #21
Maximan
McLovin Junior

Maximan is not acting like an adult...

I liked it at first, now i think it is really lame.
Maximan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
i20rider
First gear!

Garage
i20rider is pretty normal...

Vehicle: 2000 tundra

that g is soooo sick
i20rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
FunkyStickman
one Hoopy Frood

Garage
FunkyStickman is pretty normal...

Vehicle: '06 Saturn Ion Red Line w/ comp. package
Send a message via MSN to FunkyStickman View Member's FaceBook Profile

Not gonna hate on people who like it, but... I can't stand the look. Not my cup of tea at all.
FunkyStickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Troy S
Regional Leader

Garage
Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...Troy S almost can't be beat...

Vehicle: 99 procharged corvette, 06 F-350 Lariat, 06 Chrysler 300, 99 F-150, 09 Susuki M109r
View Member's FaceBook Profile

DO NOT LIKE.
Troy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
donkeypunch
MOAR LAWLS NAOW!

donkeypunch almost can't be beat...donkeypunch almost can't be beat...donkeypunch almost can't be beat...donkeypunch almost can't be beat...donkeypunch almost can't be beat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I would like it if the tires fit and the wheels hadn't fucked up the panels from hitting.

Exactly what I've always thought, I don't understand why its even considered flush
Quote:

"Flush" as in "Flush that look/idea down the toilet!"

Shit's ugly and a safety hazard. How long do you think those tires are ridden on before the side wall tread beads and wire fail and go out? How many "kids" do this shit and can't afford to buy tires often. It's HELLA STUPID!
donkeypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #26
Maximan
McLovin Junior

Me and 4banger were out the other day and we saw one of the "swang and bang" hellaflush 350z's with 3 crazy rims..... and a stock rim......
Old 05-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #27
Kaiyin

Garage

great example of hellaflush
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #28
Zomg
Random Kid

Garage
Zomg is pretty awesome...Zomg is pretty awesome...

Vehicle: 1980 C10, 2007 Impala

Hella Flush? more like Hella Gay
Zomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #29
M0nk3y_Slayr
Awdsome

M0nk3y_Slayr is pretty normal...

Vehicle: wrx and wrx

Camber ftw.

M0nk3y_Slayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #30
M0nk3y_Slayr
Awdsome

And because I like Miata's,

Proper Flush

But to each their own. Oh and yes I know miata's are gay.

Any style can be overdone it's just a matter of personal taste.

-edit-

Have some warning symbols, guess the forum is smarter than me and would have displayed the images without the [img] tags.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #31
BLK WDO
Staging...

BLK WDO is pretty normal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y_Slayr View Post
Camber ftw.

WTF is that?

where is a car crusher when u need one. :facepalm:
BLK WDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #32
David21
SLOW

Garage
David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...

Vehicle: 1971 Oldsmobile 442 W-30, 2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
And because I like Miata's,

Proper Flush

My fav's, I love the XXR 002 wheels, I plan to get them on the miata when I find the one I want!
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #33
M0nk3y_Slayr
Awdsome

^ I dig the works more but the xxr's are nice wheels.

Check out clubroadster.net sometime, pretty decent site with a bit more crazy than m.net. If you want some sick wheels look up a user named Rob that lives over in japan, he'll pick up wheels from auction then ship them back over here, pretty rare stuff.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #34
David21
SLOW

Garage
David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...David21 is liked by just about everyone...

Vehicle: 1971 Oldsmobile 442 W-30, 2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
^ I dig the works more but the xxr's are nice wheels.

Check out clubroadster.net sometime, pretty decent site with a bit more crazy than m.net. If you want some sick wheels look up a user named Rob that lives over in japan, he'll pick up wheels from auction then ship them back over here, pretty rare stuff.
Yea, I like alot of those wheels, but for the price you can't knock the xxr's lol.

Thanks for the info I'll hit up that site, m.net is kinda more about stock miatas and less modded it seems.

I'll have to check him out, thanks again.
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #35
afpreppie04
Second gear!

afpreppie04 is pretty normal...

Vehicle: 1987 RX7 TII, 05 Buell XB12Scg, 04 Silverado

I do not like the whole hellaflush thing, thankfully it hasn't hit ABQ yet, we're still stuck with little daytons.

Another Miata forum with some good info is miataturbo.net. Of course this caters more to the...well, turboed ones.
afpreppie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #36
4banger
70 roll

Garage
4banger is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: purpose built bench racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximan View Post
Me and 4banger were out the other day and we saw one of the "swang and bang" hellaflush 350z's with 3 crazy rims..... and a stock rim......

it's like my bimmer. it always has the spare on it
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #37
4banger
70 roll

Garage
4banger is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: purpose built bench racer

oh, and my take on the flush fad. some cars look good some can pull it off but it's a trend like anything else and some people take it too far. I seen a few cars that were flushed I wouldn't mind owning
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #38
Zerocool394
#1 swing set mechanic

Zerocool394 is getting to be pretty famous...Zerocool394 is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: 68 nova 383 71 nova 383 66 buick special 98 dodge 3500

It looks like shit IMO.
Zerocool394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #39
steadymethodz
Warming up the tires...

steadymethodz is not acting like an adult...

I think most of it should of been kept for the Euro market.. most Hondas are cheaping out and using knock offs and I think that defeats the purpose of a "show" car. Either way.. it's not performance oriented so it's not my cup of tea.
steadymethodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #40
'89playboy
French Wench

'89playboy is pretty awesome...'89playboy is pretty awesome...

Vehicle: 2007 Pontiac G6

I do not like it but to each his own *shrug*
'89playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #41
Maximan
McLovin Junior

i liked it, but they are all looking the same now. its either a different car, with the same wheels.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
theVTECnician
RKC Official Site Sponsor

theVTECnician is pretty normal...

I personally don't like it. I myself am a functional type of guy, and that much rear camber will only hurt performance. I like low offset, but I wouldn't take it past +33. And I hate how people used staggered offsets with the wide wheels on the wrong end of the car. Looks clean though.
theVTECnician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #43
Snapon_420
Warming up the tires...

Snapon_420 is pretty normal...

Default omg

Unless your on bags, and you drop it to give that super camb/slamd look when parked. You are a fool. I get these guys all the time,they buy alot of tie-rods and always wonder why there racks pop and squeak. lol. but i dont get paid to judge so....
Snapon_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #44
'89playboy
French Wench

'89playboy is pretty awesome...'89playboy is pretty awesome...

Vehicle: 2007 Pontiac G6

Im seeing it more and more around town some done with taste others that I just wanna
'89playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #45
LS2_Fast
Formerly known as Swapped2

LS2_Fast is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: toyota mr2 1991(rip), 05 GTO pbm(no mas)

LS2_Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #46
vejatabul
Magnanimous Benevolent Latitudinarian

vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!

Send a message via AIM to vejatabul

My car is the absolute maximum amount of flush that I would personally want to deal with. Well, maybe another 10mm. Hmm.
vejatabul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #47
vejatabul

vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!vejatabul is the man!

Oh, and this is only new to the people that have been sleeping on it for the last few years.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
STANGMANSTEVE
First gear!

STANGMANSTEVE is pretty normal...

Im just more into cars that are correct...and drive correct...these to me are a design conflict with its engineering.

not saying they look ugly...some do look decent...still I would not want to do this personally to any car id own.

Last edited by STANGMANSTEVE; 06-09-2010 at 02:50 PM..
STANGMANSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #49
vejatabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGMANSTEVE View Post
Im just more into cars that are correct...and drive correct...these to me are a design conflict with its engineering.
Have you driven one?

Are you an engineer with a background in automotive suspension?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #50
picsbypenny
Lord Save-a-Ho II

picsbypenny is getting to be pretty famous...

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Slobalt and 1989 Nissan 240sx
View Member's FaceBook Profile

picsbypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links